2017 Open Board Positions
Post date: Sep 21, 2016
Are you interested in running for an IIBA® Central Iowa Chapter board position?
Do you know someone that would be a great leader for one of these positions?
We have the following board positions open effective January 1, 2017 (each with a two year term*). The nomination process will start in September, and
the board election will be in November.
Here is a general description of each open board position:
- Director of Communications: The Director of Communications is responsible for the timely dissemination of information both to and from the CHAPTER membership, using various tools to accomplish the objective.
- Director of Education: The Director of Education will organize and manage several study and discussion groups, and maintain and report on various educational opportunities (continuing ed credits, certification classes, etc.).
- Director of Treasury and Finance: The Director of Treasury & Finance will be responsible for the solicitation of input from Board members for the development of financial goals and objectives for the CHAPTER and the preparation of an annual financial plan.
- Director of Volunteerism and Outreach: Responsible for community outreach, BAs and Brews, College and University relationships, Other CHAPTER and Professional Groups, and managing volunteerism within the CHAPTER. This position will help to grow influence in our community and Central Region of IIBA.
All board members are responsible for promoting our Chapter and various volunteer opportunities, etc.
What’s in it for me?
For more details regarding any of these open board positions, please contact a current board member at firstname.lastname@example.org, or the Election Committee at email@example.com.
- Take the opportunity to invest in yourself and help out a non-profit organization.
- Network and build relationships with other Business Analysts across the central Iowa BA community.
- Improve your BA and/or technical skills, as well as your leadership acumen.
- If you have earned your CCBA® or CBAP® certification, your hours serving our chapter can count towards your CDUs.
More News »